Whether you’re a canna-baking pro or this is your first time experimenting with cannabis in the kitchen, we’ve got a treat for you here in our first selection of infused holiday recipes!
We’ve included tips with each recipe below for adjusting the per piece dosage to suit your tolerance and added conversion notes for substituting Sunnies Chocolates in the Homemade THC Brownies.
As is always the case with new cannabis recipes and products, start slow and low until you know how a new strain or product affects you. And be sure to keep these goodies clearly marked as containing THC so you can tell them apart from the other holiday baked goods.
Homemade THC Brownies with Cannabis-Infused Chocolate
Recipe from Herb.Co
Using infused chocolates can make for a quick and easy canna-baking process that doesn’t require first preparing the cannabis in a form like cannabutter. All you need are some THC-infused chocolates (in milk or dark) and a few common kitchen ingredients! The recipe below from Herb.Co recommends using 2 - 1 oz. chocolate bars with 100mg THC per bar (more or less depending on your tolerance). This should result in 16 brownie bites, each containing 12.5mg of THC.
For beginners, we recommend starting with 100mg of cannabis-infused chocolates (half the recipe below) to make 16 brownie bites, each with approximately 6mg of THC. If you’re using Sunnies Milk or Dark Infused Chocolates, this will require 10 pieces of 10mg chocolates or 20 pieces of Sunnies 5mg chocolates. If you prefer lower-dose products, use one package of 2.5mg Sunnies chocolates (20 pieces) for 16 brownies bites, each with approximately 3mg THC.
Recipe makes 16 servings, 12.5mg THC per serving.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil (canola, coconut, vegetable, etc.)
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 THC chocolate bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×12 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter, oil, and both white and brown sugar. Mix, then add eggs and vanilla and mix again. Once combined, add your chopped THC chocolate and fold it into the batter.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and cocoa powder. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and fold the batter together until combined.
- Pour batter into the lined pan and bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool and cut into 16 pieces. Enjoy!
Peppermint White Chocolate Brownies
For the cannabis baking pros, the recipe below a from The Cannabist requires cannabutter and recommends using a brownie mix instead of making the brownie batter from scratch. Their editors describe this as a “Holiday recipe for happiness!” What’s not to love?
If you use the recipe below as is, you’ll make 24 brownie bites, each with approx. 14.6mg of THC.
If you are trying baked products for the first time and/or prefer lower-dose treats, cut the cannabutter in half and replace the other half with regular butter. Or you can use a quarter ounce of flower in your cannabutter recipe, rather than a half ounce to stick to the recipe below for 24 brownie bites that each contain approx. 7.3mg of THC.
Note: THC mg are estimated using an average of 1,400mg THC per half ounce of cannabis flower. The final dosage will be determined by the strength of the flower you are using.
Recipe makes 24 servings, 14.6mg THC per serving.
- Baking spray
- Two 20-ounce boxes of brownie mix
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup cannabutter, softened
- ¼ cup regular butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup chopped peppermint candy
- Pre-heat oven to 340.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the two mixes and follow the package directions, doubling everything. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Bake the brownies according to the directions. Allow to cool before cutting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, cannabutter, regular butter and vanilla. Add the sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar.
- Cut the brownies into 24 pieces and spread each piece with the frosting — prettier presentation this way. Sprinkle with the crushed peppermint.